I grew up shopping at Kmart with my grandma. Now that I’m a mom, I see the magic in a one-stop shop. I’m more likely bulldozing through the blender aisle to the beauty department rather than meandering through a specialty store. Moms don’t have time to meander!
But I do have time for smart shopping. Many big-box stores like Kmart have expanded their beauty departments to offer everything from California Baby to Clinique so you can treat yourself while stocking up on essentials for your family. Here are 5 of my absolute beauty must-haves for moms, and they’re all under $10.
1. Highlighter: Especially in the winter, I feel washed out. Top that with sallow skin from just being tired (chances are I’m up with one of my 3 kids at night), and a hint of highlighter is what saves me from looking like a Zombie. I like to apply a light swatch of this Maybelline strobing liquid, an iridescent pearly pink shade, along my upper cheekbones. When it catches the light, it really brightens my face.
2. Charcoal cleanser: Charcoal is a trending ingredient in skincare right now because it’s great at clearing the gunk out of pores. You can rub this Physician’s Formula charcoal cleanser in circular motions all over the face or use to target oily zones.
3. Makeup Brushes: You can literally spend $$$ on makeup brushes, but the truth is, you don’t need to. If you’re going to invest in one tool, make it a foundation brush. Regardless of price, my absolute favorite eye makeup brushes are from this eco-friendly brand eco tools. They’re soft, good quality, deposit color evenly and best of all, they’re under $10!
4. Dry Shampoo: I try not to wash my hair more than once a week. You may think that’s gross, but the truth is, keeping the natural oils in your hair prevents dryness. Plus, lice are less likely to breed in dirty hair. It’s just the beginning of the school year, and we’ve already had reported cases of lice in our school. Spray Not Your Mother’s dry shampoo into your roots and it will suck out the grease and add volume back into hair.
5. Lipstick: I’ve got hundreds of lipstick shades. I’m a firm believer that a swipe of lip color can make you look presentable even if you haven’t had a chance to brush your teeth. I love drugstore brands because they’re a risk-free way to play with color and try out trends. That said, everyone needs an everyday elevated neutral like this shade called Honey Pink from Cover Girl.
Comments are closed.