Your social media feeds are probably crowded with bloggers giving you a private fashion show as they try on all of the clothes they’re getting at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Although beauty isn’t getting as much attention, it’s one-size-fits-all (for the most part), which makes shopping the sale online extremely low maintenance. Plus, beauty products rarely go on sale, so it’d be a shame to miss out on this opportunity. The question is: what’s worth the investment? If you’re only getting one thing, make sure it’s a device or tool. Beauty companies may do promotions throughout the year where you could get a free lipstick with the purchase of a moisturizer, for example, but this won’t happen with a hair dryer. This year’s sale is filled with exclusive sets of some of my favorite items, and the deals are goooooood. Here are 7 of the best buys.
1. Whenever I want beachy waves, I use my Beachwaver. It literally creates the perfect wave for you. You place a section of hair in a clamp, press a button and the wand does the rest. Take a look at any red carpet photo of Lea Michelle, and this curling wand was likely used to style her hair.
2. I’ve praised the Dermaflash before in this post, and now the 2.0 version is out and on sale. Once you use it, you’ll be hooked. It removes peach fuzz so makeup goes on easier and skin is smoother than ever. If you’re late to this party and missed this Nordstrom sale, you can still get it for 20% off on dermaflash.com. Use code NICOLEKAPLANVIP at checkout.
3. If you watch my Makeup Video Tutorials on the blog or on You Tube you know I’m a HUGE fan of the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow highlighter and use it ALL the time. I’m going ga ga for this set. If you want to learn more about the celebrity makeup artist behind the brand, watch my interview here.
4. I’ve tried tons of eye makeup removers. This one isn’t too oily, and it melts away 3 layers of mascara without a fight, which is why I’m stocking up.
5. You can’t go wrong with Nars. If you’re into beauty, you probably already have at least one Nars product in your wardrobe — I’m guessing it’s Orgasm. The liquid lipsticks in this lip set truly do have a velvety quality and come in two color families. Berry (that’s my jam) and Nudes.
6. It’d be crazy to not upgrade your hair dryer. These are big-ticket items that hardly ever go on sale. This grey and rose gold t3 is a beauty. The Dyson is a splurge, but once you use it, you’ll agree it’s worth every penny. While it’s the only product that doesn’t have a reduced price, it does come with a gift with purchase that’s $49. Both are great brands and winners.
7. Even if you don’t want anything for yourself, these delicious smelling candles are good to have in your back pocket. Who knows when you’ll be invited to a gathering and need a hostess gift? They come in a pair, so if/when you change your mind, you can keep one for yourself.