When you show up to work in matching shoes with your boss, you know that you both might be onto something! Loafers have been all over Instagram and runways for fall, and they’re the best for comfort and style. Even if you’re like Jessica Simpson and are married to your heels, once you slip into these bad boys, you won’t want to go back.
We’ve rounded up our favorite picks (you’ll notice we have a thing for patent), plus you can shop these styles below!
1. H&M Patent Loafers. I love these loafers (I’m wearing them in the above photo). I can walk all of Michigan Ave. without a twinge of discomfort. The only part that’s a little uncomfortable is that they’re so cute, every girl who passes me can’t take her eyes off the shoes.
2. Adrianna Papell "Pierce" Loafer. These are not your grandmother’s loafers! I love the sleek design and the stud detailing – they definitely add a rock-n’roll element to any pair of jeans.
3. Rachel Zoe Loafers. These loafers are as chic as Rachel Zoe. Similar to the previous ones, they give a little bit of attitude to the casual shoe. I’m obsessed with the enforced heel on Zoe’s pair, however!
4. Zara Fringed Loafers. I’m a big fan of stealing from the boys – especially when it comes to shoes! These fringed loafers look just like a pair my father used to have. For some reason, that really works.
5. Franco Sarto Leopard Print Loafers. I can’t include a list of loafers and leave off some leopard print ones. Using leopard print on your shoes is a great way to add something special to a neutral outfit.
6. Repetto Michael Black Patent Loafers. (Nicole is wearing these in the top photo) These are just like the more masculine ones above, but the Repetto version has a much more feminine twist. Nicole lives in these; she pairs with relaxed pants, jeans, dresses and even leggings.