There are over 300 fashion shows at New York Fashion Week, with a thousand beauty looks to choose from. While you go about your day, it’s our job to weed through it all, pick out the top trends you should know about and the ones we encourage you to try. With that said, drumroll please…here are our nominees for the best hair and makeup you should try or at least add to your inspiration board. P.S. Scroll down to shop the products so you can recreate these looks.
1. Diane von Furstenberg’s Mermaid Eyes, top left. Does anything else scream "spring" than a perfectly pastel washed lid? DVF’s mermaid eyes made a splash on Taylor Swift’s model posse Gigi Hadid and Karlie Kloss.
2. Victoria Beckham’s Androgynous Minimalism, top center. Any beauty trend that allows us to skip a few steps in the morning is a win for us. The chic middle part at Beckham’s Spring show had us running out for our flat irons.
3. Jason Wu’s Iconic Lips, top right. If there was ever a beauty look that personified The Beauty Girl, this is it! We’re obsessed with this pulled back bun, clear lids, and powerful red lip. It’s simple and packs a punch.
4. Alexander Wang’s Bare Faced Beauties, bottom left. The makeup for Alexander Wang’s 10th Anniversary show was simple – no mascara, no lip balm, just a drop of Nars moisturizer. We fully support a minimilistic makeup routine like this!
5. Nicholas K’s Desert Dream, bottom center. One of the heavier makeup looks for spring, Nicholas’s collaboration with Stila gave his models an alluring gold smokey eye that translated well on the runway.
6. Lacoste’s Lovely Eyebrows, bottom left. Drop that eyebrow pencil! If there’s anything that went down the runway the most, it’s the feathered brow. Say goodbye to the days of heavily drawn-in, penciled brows.
Shop The Post!
Comments are closed.