Florals have converted to the dark side. Major designers like Givenchy, who’s responsible for Kim Kardashian’s wedding dress by the way, have sucked the sunny out of this traditionally flirty print and infused a seriousness with deep shades and contrasting backgrounds. We’re feeling this sophisticated spin on florals and used this trend as inspiration to pull together a look featuring Modcloth.
1. The Story of Citrus Dress in Noir Blossom ($49.99): This dark floral dress is the centerpiece of this outfit. The print is crazy similar to the runway counterparts but is a fraction of the price. It can be worn day or night, dressed up or down. You’ll never run out of ways to wear it or occasions to wear it for.
2. Merry to Carry Bag ($64.99): We love the vesatility, shape and color of this crossbody bag.
3. Quote Couture Earrings ($9.99): Writers have a thing for quotes…enough said.
4. Heads or Tails Hat in Olive ($34.99): This wide-brimmed wool hat is in tune with another big trend this season, western wear. The olive color goes with everything so think of it as a neutral.
5. Teacup and Running Watch in Rose Gold ($139.99): Instead of a bangle, add bling with a metallic watch like this rose gold design.
6. Pause to Ponder Sweater ($54.99): Throw on a sweater to transform this dress into a skirt, which will get you an additional week’s worth of outfits.
7. Dressed Foot Forward ($44.99): Pair these ankle booties with chunky socks, tights or bare legs and you’ve got even more ways to play with this look.
8. Rapid City Blues Jacket ($59.99): A jean jacket is an essential layering piece and gives you lots of variety. You could put it over the sweater, wear it without the sweater, or even just tie it around your waist.
9. Pink Holiday Luxury Cream Lipstick – Wedding Day ($25.00): A look is never complete without the perfect lipstick to compliment it. We love this creamy, long-wearing classic pink shade.
P.S. Check out my polyvore page