Emmy 2013 Beauty: How To Get These Celeb's Looks
SKIN: Claire Danes's Emmy dress was a fantasy. It glistened without looking garish in the front, and the simplicity of the back was a sexy, show-stopper. With so much skin showing, it was imperative that it look flawless. Celeb makeup artist Matin got it right, applying Leonor Greyl's Huile Secret de Beaute on her body. The hydrating oil gave her skin a healthy sheen without overdoing it. I also appreciated that she embraced her naturally fair complexion. One of the biggest beauty mistakes celebs make on the red carpet is that they douse themselves in so much body shimmer and self tanner that they look radioactive on screen. Claire on the other hand, looked radiant.
MAKEUP: I loved the hair and makeup in the Great Gatsby so much, I wrote about it here. Apparently, ABC Modern Family star Sarah Hyland was taken by it too because her makeup look was inspired by the glamour of the film. Here's what her makeup artist Allan Avendano used to create her bold, oxblood lips and natural-toned, glimmering eyes.
Lips: Sephora Collection Color Lip Last in Wanted Red and Elegant in Brown to create a deep burgundy shade.
Eyes: "To enhance her almond-shaped eyes, we focused on the soft browns, taupes and plums with upward sweeping strokes and blending for the subtle enhancement of her natural shape. To give her eyes additional definition, we used three coats of the Sephora Collection Outrageous Mascara, and after each application we brushed out the lashes for additional volume."
HAIR: House of Card's Kate Mara went for a sleek, glossy bob reminiscent of Victoria Beckham. Here's how how her hairstylist Alex Polillo created the look:
1. Starting with wet hair, apply a generous amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel throughout all of the hair and comb through evenly.
2. Then create a deep diagonal side part for added drama.
3. Using a Mason Pearson flat brush and a blowdryer on a medium setting, brush hair flat to the head and then follow with heat from the dryer. Use the nozzle to amp up the shine and create an extremely smooth style.
4. Spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray from the roots to the length to set your style.
5. If the ends tend to flip out, use a flat iron to get them smooth and then finish the whole look with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme Smooth Combing Crème.